Emmanuel Christian School is a K2 – 12 Christian day school of approximately 360 students located in Hartsville, SC, halfway between Charlotte, NC and Myrtle Beach, SC. Founded in 1963 as a ministry of Emmanuel Baptist Church, it continues its Mission—to partner with parents and the local church in pursuing educational excellence that is integrated with biblical truth.
At ECS our Vision is:
- To implement biblical integration and student competency in all classes.
- To teach character qualities to all students through practical, attainable activities woven into the curriculum.
- To mentor students toward biblical servant-leadership through service to others in school, community, church, and missions.
- To provide a challenging course of study emphasizing language arts and mathematical competencies that results in the development and application of higher order cognitive skills.
- To prepare students for college with a rigorous exposure to critical thinking skills that results in biblical and educational competency, equipping them to be independent thinkers.
- To reach out and develop each child socially, physically, mentally, and spiritually by providing opportunities in the visual and performing arts, chapels, retreats, athletics, and extra-curricular experiences.
- To integrate available technology into curriculum at all grade levels.
- To constantly and prayerfully evaluate personnel, curricula, programs, facilities, and services in light of God’s Word, in order to grow spiritually, academically, artistically, athletically, culturally and financially as an accredited, educational institution.
Our desire is for a student to graduate from Emmanuel Christian School as a well-balanced, mature Christian with a wide range of knowledge, experience and life skills. To have a child grow into a young man or woman who is a well educated disciple of Jesus Christ.