Hello fellow Crusaders!
Just a reminder that you need to plan on attending the ECS drama departments presentation of Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. Mr. Geddes and Mrs. Stacie Tobar have done an amazing job of preparing our students for this presentation. The costumes are wow and it is awesome to see our students use their talents that the Lord has given them. Tickets are still $11 if purchased before midnight on Thursday, April 7. On Friday, April 8 and 9 tickets will be $13. The show will be at the Center Theater here in Hartsville and Friday night’s performance starts at 7pm and Saturday’s performance is at 2pm. Go to thecentertheater.com and then to the ticket tab to purchase tickets.
* * Pastries with Parents is tomorrow (Friday, April 8): Parents/Guardians with a child in the 2, 3, or 4 year old and Kindergarten classes are invited on Friday, April 8 from 7:30-8:00am in their child’s classroom to join us as we celebrate each child’s accomplishments this school year by eating pastries together. Please park in the gravel parking lot area on the East side of the 100 building.
* Re-Enrollment is online: All current students should re-enroll using the link that was emailed out at the end of January and again 2 weeks ago. (Please do not use the link on the school website for new students.) After clicking on the email link please complete each of the steps listed. At the end of the registration process you will need to pay the $100 registration fee (p/child) online. Paying the online fee completes and registers each child for next year. If you have a sibling that is currently not at ECS that you want to attend ECS next school year, please contact the school office and Mrs. Stacie McElveen will email you the link to register that child(ren).
* Open Enrollment: If any of your friends children would like to enroll at ECS for next school year, please send them to our school website, www.ecscrusaders.com, and have them click on the Enroll Today link on the home page or under the Admissions tab and then the 2022-23 Admissions tab.
* Easter Egg Hunt: Sponsored by the Darlington County Sheriff’s Office. Saturday, April 9 from Noon4pm at the Darlington Raceway. It is a free event for ages 1-12 years old. Activities at this event are: 1) Easter Egg hunt, 2) Fingerprint Stations, 3) Various tables filled with goodies, and 4) Refreshments.
* Progress Reports: Go home on Tuesday, April 12 for grades 6-12. 6th grade parents are included in this one to get them ready to start looking for these during the middle of each quarter next school year. Just a reminder that any student with an F on their progress report is ineligible to participate in sports, games or practices, for the next 2 weeks. Those ineligible will be reviewed again by the school in 2 weeks to verify they have pulled up all of their grades to at least a 70 average and no F’s.
* BoosterThon: Way to Go everyone. We exceeded our goal and a final report will be coming soon. You are welcome to join us on Friday, May 6 at 2pm in the courtyard to watch Mr. Ballard and Mrs. Atkinson be turned into ice cream sundaes.
* Standardized Achievement Testing for Grades 3rd-8th: Scores should be available at the end of May, hopefully before we leave for summer break.
* Current Sophomore and Junior Parents: Your son or daughter will now be eligible to take afternoon classes at Darlington County Institute of Technology (DCIT) next year. The cost per class is @$200. ECS students will be able to signup for these classes the middle of July. Please see Dr. Ankers for details. A special thank you to Dr. Newman and Mr. Robbie Smith for working with us to make this happen. This will be available each year for rising ECS juniors and seniors.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: 2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God, may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Doctrinal Integrity – (2 Timothy 3:16-17) To teach that the Bible is the Word of God.
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Cooperation (1 Timothy 6:18)
Little Crusaders Basketball in the gym 2:45pm – 4:30 (This is the Final day)
Progress Reports issued for grades 6-12
Easter Chapel for K3-6th grade
Home Soccer vs Grace Christian at 5pm (TIME change, this game was originally at 4:30)
No Special Events
K3 to McLeod Farms
Easter Chapel for 7th-12th grade
Senior Sundaes during lunch
Away Softball at Christ the Cornerstone Christian at 4pm, dismissal from class at 1:10
Away Soccer at Kings Academy at 4pm, dismissal from class at 2:05
Home Baseball vs Sumter Christian at 4:30, dismissal from class at 2:55 (This is Senior Night)
Good Friday – join us as we remember Jesus’s death and then on Sunday His resurrection and the hope and life that it brings to each of us that have accepted Him as our personal Savior and then as Lord of our life.
No School and No After School Care
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship
ECS PURPOSE (p. 6 in the handbook) – “The purpose of Christian education is to instill biblical values and prepare students to fulfill God’s purpose for their life both vocationally and personally. ECS strives to educate our students with the soft skills necessary for business success and the daily skills for life; including the arts of communicating, living, solving, investigating, developing talents, and using leisure time in accordance with Biblical principles. At ECS, we follow the motto of Teaching the Mind, Training the Heart.”
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a “Remind text” to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.