Hello fellow Crusaders!
WELCOME BACK AND WELCOME to those that are new. I hope you are as excited about the start of a new school year as all of us are. We are thankful for what God is doing and going to do for each child and each family through our amazing ECS faculty and staff. We appreciate you partnering with us in “Teaching the Mind and Training the Heart” of each child.
* We currently have over 300 students enrolled for this school year. Praise the Lord. We do still have some room in a few grades for more students. Please encourage your friends and family to apply if they are looking for a great school.
* Go to ezschoolapps.com to order your school lunches for the day, week or the month. FYI – If you have 2 or more children at ECS the following information will allow you to avoid being charged the convenience fee multiple times. Once you are logged in, under the Meal Payment tab, load money only button. This is where you can adjust the balance between each child’s account.
* Go to plusportals.com/ecs to access your child’s grades, pay tuition, etc. You can only see the breakdown for your invoices if you log in using a web browser on your computer or phone.
* Parent Paperwork – Just a reminder that we asked that all back to school paperwork be submitted online by this past Wednesday, August 10. If you haven’t submitted yours, please finish it this weekend and get it submitted ASAP. This information is critical to the health and safety of each child.
* Alumni Games are this Saturday, August 13: 9:30 for Soccer and 11 for Volleyball. Calling all alumni to play and others to come and watch the fun
* ECS Office Hours are M-F from 7:30am-4pm
* FYI – Fall Individual School Pictures are on Wednesday, August 24
* ECS Yard Signs – Please remove all yard signs and store them until next February when we start reenrollment for next school year. THANK YOU for continuing to advertise ECS.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: 1 Corinthians 9:25 “And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown.”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Academic Excellence – to strive for mastery (1 Corinthians 9:25).
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Diligence (1 Timothy 4:15)
Alumni Games at 9:30 for Soccer and 11 for Volleyball
If you currently aren’t attending a church, please join us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and 10:30 for Worship.
No Special Events
Away Soccer game at Grace Christian at 4:30, dismissal at 1:10
No Special Events
No Special Events
Home games vs. Northside Christian – Volleyball – JV 4:30 & V 5:30, Soccer 5:00.
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship.
ECS MISSION (p. 6 in the handbook) – Our mission is to serve in partnership with parents and local churches to provide students with an excellent education taught with Biblical truths. Our desire is that students completing their training at Emmanuel Christian School will be authentic and mature disciples of Jesus Christ, possessing a wide range of knowledge, experiences, and skills that will enrich their lives and provide a good foundation upon which to develop a life of maximum service toward God and man.
ECS PURPOSE (p. 6 in the handbook) – The purpose of Christian education is to instill biblical values and prepare students to fulfill God’s purpose for their life both vocationally and personally. ECS strives to educate our students with the soft skills necessary for business success and the daily skills for life; including the arts of communicating, living, solving, investigating, developing talents, and using leisure time in accordance with Biblical principles. At ECS, we follow the motto of “Teaching the Mind, Training the Heart.”
ECS PHILOSOPHY (p.6 in the handbook) – Emmanuel Christian School is an academic institution, founded for the purpose of educating students from a Christian worldview and committed to maintaining and delivering a strong academic program
ECS HISTORY (p.6 in the handbook) – Emmanuel Christian School has been a ministry of Emmanuel Baptist Church since it opened in the fall of 1963, with just a kindergarten and first grade. In the fall of 1964, second and third grades were added and the school grew steadily. In March 1968, only six weeks after a two-story, beautiful building was opened, a devastating fire leveled the facilities. In 1972, another fire destroyed the rebuilt school buildings on Home Avenue. This temporary setback was used by the Lord to open the door for relocation to our current 260 acre facility. ECS was founded and continues for the primary purpose of providing a Christian education for all who desire it.
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a text to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.