Hello fellow Crusaders!
AGAIN, WELCOME BACK. I hope you are as excited about the start of a new school year as all of us are. We are thankful for what God is doing and going to do for each child and each family through our amazing ECS faculty and staff. We appreciate you partnering with us in “Teaching the Mind and Training the Heart” of each child.
* We currently have almost 300 enrolled for this school year. Praise the Lord. We do have room in some grades for more students. Please encourage your friends and family to apply if they are looking for a great school.
* Remember to go online to Headmaster and order your school lunches for the week or the remainder of August. See our website www.ecscrusaders.com, the Back to School tab and the Lunch instructions
document for more information.
* Tomorrow, Friday August 20 is the final day to register for EXCEL Fine Arts lessons.
* Parent Paperwork – Just a reminder that we asked that all back to school paperwork packets be returned by last Friday, August 13. If you haven’t turned yours in, please finish it this weekend and get it to us ASAP.
* ECS Office Hours are M-F from 7:30am-4pm
* Fall Individual School Pictures are this Wednesday, August 25. You can order online with this code EVTD84SJW or return the order form the day of the event (makes checks payable to Lifetouch). Picture Order Forms will come home on Monday, August 23.
* Yearbooks are still on sale for $45 until Sept. 10. Reserve your copy now.
* ECS Yard Signs – Please remove all yard signs and store them until next February when we start reenrollment for next school year. THANK YOU for continuing to advertise ECS.
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently 7 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th. There are currently 2 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th-12th. If it would make you more comfortable for your child to wear a mask during the school day, feel free to send one with them and we will be happy to support you, your child, and your family.
*VERSE OF THE WEEK: Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you….”
*EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: – (Matthew 28:19-20) To teach that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and through belief in Jesus’ death and resurrection, forgiveness of sins and new life through faith is found in Him
*CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Honesty (2 Corinthians 13:8)
No special events
Home Volleyball games v Kings Academy, MS 4:00, JV 5:00 & V 6:00
Cross Country at Darlington Middle at 5:30
Fall Individual Pictures (order forms are due today for those who did not order online)
$75 deposit due for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade Williamsburg Field Trip
Fall Fundraiser virtual kickoff in each classroom – Otis Spunkmeyer
Away Volleyball at Carolina Christian V 5:00 & MS 6:00
Fall Fundraiser – Otis Spunkmeyer continues
Have a great weekend and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you don’t have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship.
ECS MISSION (p. 6 in the handbook) – Our mission is to serve in partnership with parents and local churches to provide students with an excellent education taught with Biblical truths. Our desire is that students completing their training at Emmanuel Christian School will be authentic and mature disciples of Jesus Christ, possessing a wide range of knowledge, experiences, and skills that will enrich their lives and provide a good foundation upon which to develop a life of maximum service toward God and man.
ECS PURPOSE (p. 6 in the handbook) – The purpose of Christian education is to instill biblical values and prepare students to fulfill God’s purpose for their life both vocationally and personally. ECS strives to educate our students with the soft skills necessary for business success and the daily skills for life; including the arts of communicating, living, solving, investigating, developing talents, and using leisure time in accordance with Biblical principles. At ECS, we follow the motto of “Teaching the Mind, Training the Heart.”
ECS PHILOSOPHY (p.6 in the handbook) – Emmanuel Christian School is an academic institution, founded for the purpose of educating students from a Christian worldview and committed to maintaining and
delivering a strong academic program.
ECS HISTORY (p.6 in the handbook) – Emmanuel Christian School has been a ministry of Emmanuel Baptist Church since it opened in the fall of 1963, with just a kindergarten and first grade. In the fall of 1964, second and third grades were added and the school grew steadily. In March 1968, only six weeks after a two-story, beautiful building was opened, a devastating fire leveled the facilities. In 1972, another fire destroyed the rebuilt school buildings on Home Avenue. This temporary setback was used
by the Lord to open the door for relocation to our current 260 acre facility. ECS was founded and continues for the primary purpose of providing a Christian education for all who desire it
Crusader Comments are sent out electronically through email on Thursday afternoons or Friday morning and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a Remind text to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.