Hello fellow Crusaders!
Just a reminder…..Those parents who have a child CURRENTLY enrolled in K4, 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 7th grades need to remember that those grades are full this year. Therefore, once everyone re-enrolls for next year those grades will be full again.
Some of you traditionally have waited to re-enroll, but if you do that this year, your child may not have a spot at ECS for next school year. We are currently doing interviews with new families from the community. In order to ensure your child has a spot at ECS for next year, make sure you re-enroll now using the re-enroll email link that was sent in late January or the one sent last week.
If you have already completed the re-enrollment process for next school year, then this message is not for you and THANK YOU for already re-enrolling.
It is time to put out your ECS yard sign. If you would like one for your yard, please contact the school office.
* Re-Enrollment is online. A link has been sent out by email to the email address listed in Headmaster. You need to complete each of the steps listed once you have clicked on the link. At the end of the link you will need to pay the $100 registration fee (p/child) online. Paying the online fee completes and registers each child for next year. If you have a sibling that is currently not at ECS that you want to attend ECS next school year, please contact the school office and Mrs. Stacie McElveen will email you the link to register that child(ren). (Just a reminder that Enrollment opened to the community on Monday, February 7.) Those parents of students currently enrolled in K4, 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 7th grades need to remember that those grades are full this year. Therefore, once everyone reenrolls for next year those grades will be full again. Do not wait long to reenroll in these grades as you might lose your child’s spot. Since open enrollment began on Monday, February 7, others now have the opportunity to take your child’s seat if they register before you. In order to ensure your child has a spot for next year make sure you re-enroll now.
* Open Enrollment If any of your friends would like to enroll at ECS for next school year, please send them to our school website, www.ecscrusaders.com, and have them click on the Enroll Today link on the home page or under the Admissions tab and then the 2022-23 Admissions tab.
* Little Crusaders Basketball begins on March 3rd with a parent meeting starting at 3pm in the gym for those who preregistered. Games will happen after the meeting until 4:30.
* Winter Sports Awards are Thursday, March 3 at 7pm in the sanctuary for those students who participated in JV or V Basketball or Cheerleading
* March 1 – Tickets go on sale for Beauty and the Beast performed by the ECS Drama Department on April 8 at 7pm and April 9 at 2pm. Tickets can be purchased in the school office or at
www.thecentertheater.com and cost is $11 in advance and $13 at the door.
* Senior Class Yard Sale – Come out and purchase items in the front parking lot from 7am till 1pm on Saturday, March 5. If you would like to donate items, please contact the school office.
* Lunch room workers needed for next school year. Our current lunch ladies, Mrs. Beth and Mrs. Tracy are retiring from the ECS cafeteria at the end of this school year. The hours for the 2 positions are M-F from 7:45-1:15. We will also need a cafeteria helper M-F from 10:15-1:15. If you are interested in more information about either opportunity, please contact Mr. Ballard, Mrs. Jonie Garland, or Pastor St. Ours.
*COVID-19 Update – There are currently 0 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th. There are currently 0 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th-12th. If it would make you more comfortable for your child to wear a mask during the school day, feel free to send one with them and we will be happy to support you, your child, and your family.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Discipleship – Biblical Discipline – Applying spiritual principles in the correction and discipline of students (Proverbs 22:6).
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Self-Discipline (2 Timothy 1:7)
Pizza with the Bob Jones University President at 7pm at Florence Christian School, if interested in attending please call the ECS school office at 332-0164 to register.
Tickets go on sale for Beauty and the Beast Performance by ECS Drama Department
Baseball at Sumter Christian at 4pm, dismissal from class at 1:10
No Special Events
Little Crusaders Basketball Parents Meeting in the gym starting at 3pm, then games till 4:30
Winter Sports Awards (Basketball and Cheerleading) at 7pm in the sanctuary
Lower School SCACS Fine Arts at Northside Christian
Baseball at Calvary Christian at 2:30, dismissal at 10:50
Girls Soccer at Calvary Christian at 4:30, dismissal at 1:10
Senior Class Yard Sale in the front parking lot from 7am-1pm
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship
ECS MISSION (p. 6 in the handbook) – “Our mission is to serve in partnership with parents and local
churches to provide students with an excellent education taught with Biblical truths. Our desire is that students completing their training at Emmanuel Christian School will be authentic and mature disciples of Jesus Christ, possessing a wide range of knowledge, experiences, and skills that will enrich their lives and provide a good foundation upon which to develop a life of maximum service toward God and man.””
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a “Remind text” to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.