Hello fellow Crusaders!
I look forward to each of you re-enrolling for next school year and continuing your relationship with Emmanuel Christian School. Together we are TEACHING THE MIND and TRAINING THE HEART by instilling biblical values and an outstanding academic education in the life of each child.
* Re-Enrollment is online. A link has been sent out by email to the email address listed in Headmaster. You need to complete each of the steps listed once you have clicked on the link. At the end of the link you will need to pay the $100 registration fee (p/child) online. Paying the online fee completes and registers each child for next year. If you have a sibling that is currently not at ECS that you want to attend ECS next school year, please contact the school office and Mrs. Stacie McElveen will email you the link to register that child(ren). (Just a reminder that Enrollment opens to the community on Monday, February 7.) Those parents currently enrolled in K4, 1st, 2nd, 6th, and 7th grades need to remember that those grades are full this year. Therefore, once everyone reenrolls for next year those grades will be full again. Do not wait long to reenroll in these grades as you might lose your child’s spot. Once open enrollment begins on Monday, February7,then someone has the opportunity to take your seat if they register before you. In order to ensure your child has a spot for next year make sure you re-enroll now.
* Open Enrollment to the community begins on February 7.
* FYI –Friday, Feb. 18 will be an early dismissal for all students. After School Care will not be open on Friday the 18th so that everyone can be available for our Faculty and Staff Inservice.
* FYI –ECS and after school care will be closed on Monday, February 21 to honor President’s day.
* Lunch room workers needed for next school year. Our current lunch ladies, Mrs. Beth and Mrs. Tracy are retiring from the ECS cafeteria at the end of this school year. The hours for the 2 positions are M-F from 7:45-1:15. We will also need a cafeteria helper M-F from 10:15-1:15. If you are interested in more information about either opportunity, please contact Mr. Ballard, Mrs.Jonie Garland, or Pastor St. Ours.
* Campus Maintenance Position Open. Our current maintenance man, Cyrus Shoffner, has retired. This is a full-time position that takes care of the grounds and facilities of Emmanuel Baptist Church and Christian School. Contact Mr. Ballard, Mrs. Jonie Garland, or Pastor St. Ours for more information.
* Practices have started for our Spring Sports: Girls Soccer, Girls Softball, Golf, and Boy’s Baseball.
* Homecoming Results: Thank you for your support of our senior class through the coin wars. Over $3,000 came in during the week. Congratulations to Mrs. Howle’s 5th grade class who won 1stplace and to Mrs. Cannons class who won 2ndplace. 1stplace won a Chromebook to be used in the 5thgrade classroom and 2ndplacegets free senior sundaes next Thursday. Braeden Cannon was elected as Mr. Crusader, Olivia McElveen was elected as Miss Crusader and Sophie Budhram was elected as Miss Congeniality. Congratulations to everyone
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently 0positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th. There are currently 0positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th-12th. If it would make you more comfortable for your child to wear a mask during the school day, feel free to send one with them and we will be happy to support you, your child, and your family.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: Matthew 28:19-20“Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you….”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Evangelism–(Matthew 28:19-20) To teach that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and through belief in Jesus’ death and resurrection, forgiveness of sins and new life through faith is found in Him.
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Diligence (I Timothy 4:15)
Valentine Order Forms and money due Thursday
Progress Reports are issued to students today for grades 7-12
Open enrollment for the community begins today
American Restoration Tour event –see below
Put out your ECS yard sign and keep it out until the end of May
Valentine Order Forms and money due Thursday
Progress Reports returned to homeroom teacher for grades 7-12
Valentine Order Forms and money due by tomorrow
Valentine Order Forms and money due today (items will be delivered to students on Monday, Feb. 14)
Senior Sundaes during lunch
Critter Keepers here in 4th grade
The Palmetto Family Council is sponsoring the American Restoration Tour with guest speaker David Barton speaking on “Will America remain free”. This free event will be held at Florence Baptist Temple in Florence on Monday, February 7 at 7pm. For more information click on this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-american-restoration-tour-will-america-remain-tickets-249401325077.
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship
ECS HISTORY (p. 6 in the handbook)–“Emmanuel Christian School has been a ministry of Emmanuel Baptist Church since it opened in the fall of 1963, with just a kindergarten and first grade. In the fall of1964, second and third grades were added and the school grew steadily. In March 1968, only six weeks after a two-story, beautiful building was opened, a devastating fire leveled the facilities. In 1972, another fire destroyed the rebuilt school buildings on Home Avenue. This temporary setback was used by the Lord to open the door for relocation to our current 260 acre facility. ECS was founded and continues for the primary purpose of providing a Christian education for all who desire it.”
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a “Remind text” to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.