Hello fellow Crusaders!
We are excited about Re-enrollment, starting on January 12, and the
opportunity for us to continue to partner together with each family for another year of Teaching the Mind and Training the Heart of each child at ECS.
* Re-Enrollment starts on Tuesday, January 12. Re-Enrollment will be on-line this year and we hope that you enjoy the new format. If you have trouble with the online format, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you. Please see the detailed instructions listed below the Daily Events for information on how to Re-Enroll. This same information can be found at www.ecscrusaders.com, thenclick on the Admissions tab (on the home page), then click on the 2021-22 Admissions- Returning Students tab. The forms and links will be available starting Friday, January 8, but Re-enrollment actually
opens on Tuesday, January 12.
* Just a reminder that school and after school care will be closed on Monday, January 18 to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Day.
* Boy’s Haircuts – Just a reminder that a few of our boys are still in need of a haircut.
* Homecoming, crowning of Miss Crusader, will be on January 22 at 7pm in the sanctuary this year. Families will need to sit as a family unit and be socially distanced from other families for those in attendance to this event.
* The Lower School Fine Arts festival that is sponsored by the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools has been cancelled this year due to Covid-19. Therefore, we will not be having the Lower School Spelling Bee on January 15 or the Lower School Sword Drill on January 22.
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently 0 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th. There are currently 2 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th-12th.
*VERSE OF THE WEEK: Proverbs 22:6“ Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he
will not depart from it.”
*EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Biblical Discipline – Applying spiritual principles in the correction and discipline of students (Proverbs 22:6)
*CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Commitment (Matthew 13:18-23)
Away basketball games at McBee Middle, MSG 5:30 and MSB 6:30
Re-Enrollment begins – online at Headmaster online and at www.ecscrusaders.com
Home basketball games vs South Pointe Christian, VG 6 and VB 7:15
Report Cards sent home
Away basketball game at Dillon Christian MSG 4:30
Report Cards returned to homeroom teacher
Away basketball games at Maranatha Christian. VG 4, JVB 5:15, and VB 6:30. Dismissal at 3:00
No School and No After School Care to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Day
2021-22 Re-Enrollment Detailed Information:
Please follow the directions below for the re-enrollment process.
Please note that your application will not be processed until the following four steps have been completed:
1) This year’s account balance is current.
2) On-line re-enrollment has been completed.
3) Financial agreement form has been signed and returned.
4) Application and Security/Technology fees have been submitted.
Please follow these steps for on-line re-enrollment.
If you do not have access to a computer or need computer assistance, come to the school office and ECS will make a computer available to you to complete the re-enrollment process. If you prefer to have printed copies of the documents, you may request them at the school office.
Click on the green links to go directly to the location or document you need to complete each step.
1. Click on Headmaster Online. You will then log into your Headmaster account.
2. Once logged in, please hover over the Enrollment tab and select the Re-enrollment option. You should see your child’s name to select. After selecting your child(ren), please update your family’s profile information under the My Profile tab. (Examples: change of address, cell phone numbers, employment, etc.) Please do not create a duplicate entry for your family.
3. The next step is to sign the Financial Agreement form. Please make sure you print and sign a completed agreement for each individual child. Please have both parents sign if applicable.
4. Please submit the application and security/technology fees by one of the following options: checks payable to Emmanuel Christian School, cash, or online payment. All online payments will need an additional 4% added to the total to cover credit card processing fees. A printed application and financial form must be submitted to the office or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The enrollment process is not complete and student(s) names are not added to the class roster until the documents and fees have been received in the office via email or online.
5. A printed application and financial form must be submitted to the office or via email at email@example.com. The enrollment process is not complete and student(s) names are not added to the class roster until the documents and fees have been received in the office via email or online.
Additional important information:
1. The application fee is $100 for each child if received in the office before March 1st, 2021.
2. The application fee becomes $150 for each child BEGINNING March 1, 2021.
3. There will be a $50 security/technology fee per family due with the application fee.
4. Requests for your child(ren) to have a particular teacher are not guaranteed. Parents contract with the school for educational services, not with the teacher. Final determination of student placement is governed by a committee consisting of teachers, school administration and office personnel.
5. Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis in the order that both completed applications and application/security fees are received. Once a class has filled, all additional applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
Have a great weekend and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you don’t have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 10:30 for Worship.
ECS HISTORY (p. 6 in the handbook) – Emmanuel Christian School has been a ministry of Emmanuel Baptist Church since it opened in the fall of 1963, with just a kindergarten and first grade. In the fall of 1964, second and third grades were added and the school grew steadily. In March 1968, only six weeks after a two-story, beautiful building was opened, a devastating fire leveled the facilities. In 1972, another fire destroyed the rebuilt school buildings on Home Avenue. This temporary setback was used by the Lord to open the door for relocation to our current 260-acre facility. ECS was founded and continues for the primary purpose of providing a Christian education for all who desire it.
Crusader Comments are sent out electronically through email on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a Remind text to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.