Hello fellow Crusaders!
Hello fellow Crusaders. We are excited that reenrollment has started and the opportunity for us to continue to partner together with each family for another year of “Teaching the Mind and Training the Heart” of each child at ECS.
* Reenrollment began last week. Reenrollment will be on-line this year and we hope that you enjoy the new format. If you have trouble with the online format, please contact the school office and we will be happy to assist you. Please see the detailed instructions listed below the Daily Events for information on how to reenroll. This same information can be found at www.ecscrusaders.com, then click on the Admissions tab (on the home page), then click on the 2021-22 Admissions- Returning Students tab. Enrollment opens to the community on Monday, February 1.
* Just a reminder that school and after school care will be closed on Monday, January 18 to honor Dr. Martin Luther King Day.
* Homecoming and the crowning of Miss Crusader will be on Friday, January 22 at 7pm in the sanctuary. Families will need to sit as a family unit, be masked, and be socially distanced from other families for those in attendance to this event. Spirit week will be next week, January 25-29.
* The Lower School Fine Arts festival that is sponsored by the South Carolina Association of Christian Schools has been cancelled this year due to Covid-19. Therefore, we will not be having the Lower School Spelling Bee on January 15 or the Lower School Sword Drill on January 22.
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently 0 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th.
There are currently 2 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th-12th.
*VERSE OF THE WEEK: Colossians 4:5 “Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.”
*EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Christian Citizenship – To promote the application of Christian principles to daily life (Colossians 4:5)
*CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Compassion (Luke 10:25-27)
NO SCHOOL and NO After School Care, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday
Re-Enrollment continues – online at Headmaster Online and at www.ecscrusaders.com
Crowning of Mr. Crusader during Upper School Chapel
Away basketball games at Orangeburg Christian, JVB 5,VG 6:15 and VB 7:30. JVB Dismissal at 2:05, VG & VB dismissal at 2:55.
No Special Events
Miss Crusader Luncheon for the senior girls
NO Senior Sundaes during lunch (cancelled for today only)
Home basketball game vs McBee Middle, MSG 4:15 and MSB 5:15
Home basketball game vs Sumter Christian, VB 7
100th day of school
Homecoming and Crowning of Miss Crusader in the sanctuary at 7pm
2021-22 Re-Enrollment Detailed Information
Please follow the directions below for the re-enrollment process.
Please note that your application will not be processed until the following four steps have been
1) This year’s account balance is current.
2) On-line re-enrollment has been completed.
3) Financial agreement form has been signed and returned.
4) Application and Security/Technology fees have been submitted.
Please follow these steps for on-line re-enrollment.
If you do not have access to a computer or need computer assistance, come to the school office and ECS will make a computer available to you to complete the re-enrollment process. If you prefer to have printed copies of the documents, you may request them at the school office.
Click on the green links to go directly to the location or document you need to complete each step.
1. Click on Headmaster Online. You will then log into your Headmaster account.
2. Once logged in, please hover over the Enrollment tab and select the Reenrollment option. You should see your child’s name to select. After selecting your child(ren), please update your family’s profile information under the My Profile tab. (Examples: change of address, cell phone numbers, employment, etc.) Please do not create a duplicate entry for your family.
3. The next step is to sign the Financial Agreement form. This form can be found at www.ecscrusaders.com, then click on the Admissions tab and then click on the 2021-22 Admission > Returning Students tab. Please make sure you print and sign a completed agreement for each individual child. Please have both parents sign if applicable.
4. Please submit the application and security/technology fees by one of the following options: checks payable to Emmanuel Christian School, cash, or online payment. All online payments will need an additional 4% added to the total to cover credit card processing fees.
5. An online application (through Headmaster) and a printed financial form must be submitted to the office or via email at email@example.com. The enrollment process is not complete and student(s) names are not added to the class roster until the documents and fees have been received in the office.
Additional important information:
1. The application fee is $100 for each child if received in the office before March 1st, 2021.
2. The application fee becomes $150 for each child BEGINNING March 1, 2021.
3. There will be a $50 security/technology fee per family due with the application fee.
4. Requests for your child(ren) to have a particular teacher are not guaranteed. Parents contract with the school for educational services, not with the teacher. Final determination of student placement is governed by a committee consisting of teachers, school administration and office personnel.
5. Classes will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis in the order that both completed applications and application/security fees are received. Once a class has filled, all additional applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
Have a great weekend and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you don’t have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 10:30 for worship.
ECS PURPOSE (p. 6 in the handbook) – The purpose of Christian education is to instill biblical values and prepare students to fulfill God’s purpose for their life both vocationally and personally. ECS strives to educate our students with the soft skills necessary for business success and the daily skills for life; including the arts of communicating, living, solving, investigating, developing talents, and using leisure time in accordance with Biblical principles. At ECS, we follow the motto of “Teaching the Mind, Training the Heart.”
Crusader Comments are sent out electronically through email on Thursday afternoons or Friday morning and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a Remind text to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.