Hello fellow Crusaders!
I hope you have had a good start to the New Year. Just a reminder to call the school office and let us know if anyone in your household tests positive with Covid. The CDC has reduced the number of days that you have to be out of work or school. For those testing positive you may return to school on the 6th day, from the positive test, if you have no symptoms. For those in a household where someone else has tested positive you may return to school on the 6th day, from the positive test, with a negative test from day 4 or 5. These students do not have to wear a mask when they return to school. Thank you for continuing to keep us informed and making ECS a safe place for our students and our faculty and staff.
* Re-Enrollment will be online and starts on Monday, January 24.
* Inclement Weather – you will receive in this document a letter with information regarding how ECS will handle inclement weather this winter season. We will also send a Remind text with the same information in it. That we hope everyone will receive this information.
* Please see the Remind text information later in this document for instructions on how to sign up for Remind, if you haven’t already.
* Report Cards will be sent home on Wednesday, January 12. They should be signed and returned on Friday, January 14.
* Lower School Spelling Bee is Friday, January 14 at 8:15am in the sanctuary. Parents are invited to this event and are encouraged to socially distance yourself from other families. The balcony will be open.
* No School and No After School Care on Monday, January 17 to remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
* Winter Sports Pictures have been changed to Wednesday, January 19 right after school.
* Lower School Honor Roll Chapel and Sword Drill is Friday, January 21 at 8:15am in the sanctuary
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently 1 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6 th. There are currently 3 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th-12th. If it would make you more comfortable for your child to wear a mask during the school day, feel free to send one with them and we will be happy to support you, your child, and your family.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Applying spiritual principles in the correction and discipline of students (Proverbs 22:6).
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Commitment (Matthew 13:18-23)
No Special Events
Away Basketball at South Pointe Christian, JV boys at 4:30, V girls at 5:30, and V boys at 7:00, dismissal
from class at 2:05
Report Cards Issued
Senior Sundaes during lunch
Report Cards signed and returned
Lower School Spelling Bee at 8:15am in the sanctuary
Home Basketball vs Calvary Christian, JV boys at 4:30, V girls at 5:30, and V boys at 7pm
Remind Text Information:
In order to register for the correct Remind group, please follow these instructions:
1. Compose a text to the following number-81010
2. Enter the appropriate unique code(s) in the message box:
For Grades K2, K3, K4-@ecspres
For Grades K5, 1, 2, and 3-@ecsK5123
For Grades 4, 5, and 6-@ecs456
For Grades 7, 8, and 9-@ecs789
For Grades 10, 11, 12-@ecs101112
For Grades 9, 10, 11, 12-@ecsguide – (High School Guidance Information)
3. Press send.
4. You will receive a text from Remind, asking you to enter your birthday to ensure that you are
over the age of 13 as dictated by Remind.
5. You will then receive a text confirming that you have joined the appropriate ECS group. You do
not have to download the app to receive messages.
Inclement Weather Information:
As we are in the winter months, I wanted to review and update ECS school closings on p.16 in
our Parent-Student Handbook. ECS may have to be closed or delayed due to poor/inclement
weather conditions or some other unusual factor. ECS reserves the right to make our own
determinations regarding school closings, although we will generally follow the decisions of the
Darlington County School District (DCSD).
DCSD follows their own policies to determine school closings or delays:
They consult with local, county and state law enforcement reports, NOAA weather reports, and eyewitness accounts to determine whether to close or delay schools. DCSD makes their decision usually by 6:00am and ECS will also make our decision by 6:00am. If the decision is to close or delay then, you can find that information at the following locations:
1) the ECS Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ECSCrusaders ,
2) ECS Instagram page @ecscrusaders
3) Remind texting App, and
Remember that no one is in the school office until after 7:30 each morning. We will still offer lunch on mornings with a delayed start. Remember to submit your lunch for the day online by 9am.
If you do not receive a Remind text from ECS, see it on our Facebook/Instagram page, or Emmanuel Christian School isn’t listed on scnow.com, then it is safe to assume that we are having school that day at the regular time.
In spite of any school closing decision made by ECS, please remember that parents always have the ultimate responsibility for making decisions that affect the safety of their family and their children. ECS always encourages you, the parent, to decide whether or not it is safe for you to be on the roads. Feel free to wait until you think that the roads are safe and then bring your child in late. In that case, your child would receive an excused tardy for the day. If you choose to keep your child out for the entire day, when inclement weather is involved, they would receive an excused absence.
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship
ECS PHILOSOPHY (p. 6 in the handbook) – Emmanuel Christian School is an academic institution, founded for the purpose of educating students from a Christian worldview and committed to maintaining and delivering a strong academic program.”
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a “Remind text” to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.