Hello fellow Crusaders!
It has been a little bit of a crazy start to the spring semester with the covid cases in our community. We have had a number of students in quarantine and a few that have tested positive. Thank you for your faithfulness in calling and letting us know when you or a family member has tested positive and for keeping your children out the required number of days and helping us provide a safe and healthy campus.
* Re-Enrollment will be online and starts on Monday, January 24. A link will be sent out by email on Monday, January 24 in the late afternoon. (Enrollment opens to the community on Monday, February 7.) Please check your email address listed in Headmaster to ensure that it is the correct one to receive your Re-Enrollment link. If it is incorrect please change it and save your change(s). We will send out a Remind text to remind you to look at your email on Monday afternoon.
* Please see the Remind text information later in this document for instructions on how to sign up for Remind, if you haven’t already.
* Report Cards were sent home on Wednesday, January 12. They should have been signed and returned on Friday, January 14. If you haven’t seen one please call the school office at 843-332-0164.
* No School and No After School Care on Monday, January 17 to remember Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
* Winter Sports Pictures have been changed to Wednesday, January 19 right after school.
* Lower School Honor Roll Chapel and Sword Drill is Friday, January 21 at 8:15am in the sanctuary. Parents are invited to this event and are encouraged to socially distance yourself from other families. The balcony will be open.
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently 4 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th. There are currently 3 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th
-12th. If it would make you more comfortable for your child to wear a mask during the school day, feel free to send one with them and we will be happy to support you, your child, and your family.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: Colossians 4:5 “Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the most of the opportunity.”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Christian Citizenship – To promote the application of Christian principles to daily life (Colossians 4:5).
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Cooperation (1 Timothy 6:18)
No School or After School care in memory of Dr. Luther King, Jr. Day
Home Basketball vs South Pointe Christian, JV boys at 4:30, V girls at 5:30, and V boys at 7:00
Winter Sports Pictures in the gym after school
Senior Sundaes during lunch
Lower School Honor Roll Ceremony and the Sword Drill, starting at 8:15am in the sanctuary
100th day of School celebrations in the lower school
Away Basketball vs Calvary Christian, JV boys at 4:30, V girls at 5:30, and V boys at 7pm, dismissal from class at 11:45
Remind Text Information:
In order to register for the correct Remind group, please follow these instructions:
1. Compose a text to the following number-81010
2. Enter the appropriate unique code(s) in the message box:
For Grades K2, K3, K4-@ecspres
For Grades K5, 1, 2, and 3-@ecsK5123
For Grades 4, 5, and 6-@ecs456
For Grades 7, 8, and 9-@ecs789
For Grades 10, 11, 12-@ecs101112
For Grades 9, 10, 11, 12-@ecsguide – (High School Guidance Information)
3. Press send.
4. You will receive a text from Remind, asking you to enter your birthday to ensure that you are
over the age of 13 as dictated by Remind.
5. You will then receive a text confirming that you have joined the appropriate ECS group. You do
not have to download the app to receive messages.
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship
ECS PHILOSOPHY (p. 6 in the handbook) – Emmanuel Christian School is an academic institution, founded for the purpose of educating students from a Christian worldview and committed to maintaining and delivering a strong academic program.”
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a “Remind text” to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.