Hello fellow Crusaders!
Thank you for partnering with ECS for the education of your child(ren). Together we continue to strive to instill biblical values and an outstanding academic education in the life of each child. I look forward to each of you re-enrolling for next school year and continuing the relationship with Emmanuel Christian School as together we are TEACHING THE MIND and TRAINING THE HEART of each child.
* Re-Enrollment is online. A link has been sent out by email to the email address listed in Headmaster. You need to complete each of the steps listed once you have clicked on the link. At the end of the link you will need to pay the $100 registration fee (p/child) online. Paying the online fee completes and registers everyone for next year. If you have a sibling that is currently not at ECS that you want to attend ECS next school year, please contact the school office and Mrs. Stacie McElveen will email you the link to register that child(ren). (Just a reminder that Enrollment opens to the community on Monday, February 7.)
* FYI –Friday, Feb. 18, will be an early dismissal for all students. After School Care will not be open on Friday the 18th so that everyone can be available for our Faculty and Staff Inservice.
* FYI –ECS and after school care will be closed on Monday, February 21, to honor President’s day.
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently 6 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th. There are currently 3 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th-12th. If it would make you more comfortable for your child to wear a mask during the school day, feel free to send one with them and we will be happy to support you, your child, and your family.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: II Timothy 2:15 “…and from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Lifelong Learning –(2ndTimothy 2:15)
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Responsibility (Matthew 25:14-30)
Re-Enrollment continues for the 2022-23 school year
Valentine Order Forms come home with Monday folders
Soccer tryouts for 6th-12thgrade girls not currently playing basketball or cheerleading. (3-5:15pm)
Away Basketball at Calvary Christian. JV boys at 4:00, V girls at 5:00, and V boys at 6:30pm, dismissal from class at 11:45am
No Special Events
No Special Events
No Special Events
Progress Reports issued for grades 7-12
Final day to register for the March 23rd SAT that will be administered at ECS during the school day
Home Basketball vs Grace Christian, JV boys at 4:00, V girls at 5:00, and V boys at 6:30pm
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship
ECS HISTORY (p. 6 in the handbook)–“Emmanuel Christian School has been a ministry of Emmanuel Baptist Church since it opened in the fall of 1963, with just a kindergarten and first grade. In the fall of 1964, second and third grades were added and the school grew steadily. In March 1968, only six weeks after a two-story, beautiful building was opened, a devastating fire leveled the facilities. In 1972, another fire destroyed the rebuilt school buildings on Home Avenue. This temporary setback was used by the Lord to open the door for relocation to our current 260 acre facility. ECS was founded and continues for the primary purpose of providing a Christian education for all who desire it.”
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a “Remind text” to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.