Hello fellow Crusaders!
As we approach Thanksgiving, I pray that each family will take time to stop and thank God for His many provisions and blessings on each of us.
* CONGRATULATIONS to our ECS senior class. In October the seniors took the SAT here at school, and once again they have scored very well. Of our twenty-one seniors, 61% of them are planning on attending a four-year college. The average SAT score for our 4-year college bound seniors is a 1099. The average SAT score for our top ten seniors in the class of 2021 is a 1149. Way to go seniors and parents and great job Upper School Faculty.
* United Way is holding its 7th annual Coats, Hoodies, Hats and Gloves for Kids drive. A collection box is located outside the school office and will be available until Thanksgiving. Please donate new or gently used items. This is a great opportunity to give back to our local community by helping others. THANK YOU to those of you who dropped off items last week. There is still time to finish filling up the donation box before Thanksgiving.
* Just a reminder – Mrs. Atkinson is out until Christmas due to scheduled surgery that she had because of ongoing health issues this fall. Mr. Ballard will be picking up her duties at school and she will be working from home. Please join us as we pray for a speedy recovery. See email, last Wednesday, from ECS regarding Mrs. Atkinson and her surgery.
* We want to thank you for supporting our Senior Class in their Butter Braids fundraiser. Orders will be ready for delivery on or after Nov. 19.
* We had a great time recognizing the accomplishments from our fall sports on Thursday evening Nov. 5, and thank God for what He was able to accomplish through the athletes and their coaches.
* Student Council officers in grades 9-12 for 2020-2021 are: Abie Coward President, Lucas Geddes Vice-President, Kirsten Norton Secretary, and Justin Howle Treasurer.
* As we see Covid-19 cases across the state and in Darlington County continue to rise….Please continue to be diligent about washing your hands, wearing a mask in public, and socially distancing whenever possible.
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently three positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th. There are currently no positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th-12th.
*VERSE OF THE WEEK: Colossians 4:5 “Conduct yourselves with wisdom toward outsiders, making the
most of the opportunity.”
*EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Christian Citizenship – To promote the application of
Christian principles to daily life (Colossians 4:5)
*CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Obedience (Ephesians 6:5-9)
Little Crusaders Soccer games until 4:30pm
Little Crusaders Soccer games until 4:30
Senior Sundaes during lunch
Senior Butter Braid Fundraiser – items should be ready for delivery
Grades 7-12 Progress Reports sent home and are due back on Monday, November 23
Have a great weekend and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you don’t have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 10:30 for Worship.
ECS Mission Statement – Our mission is to serve in partnership with parents and local churches to provide students with an excellent education taught with Biblical truths. Our desire is that students completing their training at Emmanuel Christian School will be authentic and mature disciples of Jesus Christ, possessing a wide range of knowledge, experiences, and skills that will enrich their lives and provide a good foundation upon which to develop a life of maximum service toward God and man.
Crusader Comments are sent out electronically through email on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a Remind text to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.