Hello fellow Crusaders!
As we approach Thanksgiving, I pray that each family will take time to stop and thank God for His many provisions and blessings on each of us.
* United Way is holding its 7th annual Coats, Hoodies, Hats and Gloves for Kids drive. A collection box is located outside the school office and will be available until Thanksgiving. Please donate new or gently used items. This is a great opportunity to give back to our local community and to help others.
* Mrs. Atkinson is going to be out until Christmas due to scheduled surgery that she needs to have because of ongoing health issues this fall. Mr. Ballard will be picking up her duties at school, and she will be working from home. Please join us as we pray for a speedy recovery.
* We had a very successful Book Fair, and we want to THANK each of YOU for your support.
* Senior Butter Braids fundraiser happening now until Nov. 9. They are selling frozen dough with lots of options. See a senior to purchase some. Orders will be ready for pickup on Nov. 19. See the Remind text or ECS Facebook page for a copy of an order form.
* We had a great time recognizing the accomplishments from our fall sports this past Thursday evening and celebrating what God was able to do through the athletes and their coaches.
* This Friday is a Pizza Lunch sponsored by the Senior Class as they continue raising funds for their Senior Trip to Arizona. Order forms were sent home already, and orders can still be placed in the office until November 10.
* Student Council elections took place last week in grades 9-12. Congratulations to President Abie Coward, Vice-President Lucas Geddes, Secretary Kirsten Norton, and Treasurer Justin Howle.
* Please continue to be diligent about washing your hands, wearing a mask in public, and socially distancing whenever possible.
* COVID-19 Update – There is currently one positive student case that we are aware of in grades K2-6. There are currently no positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7-12.
*VERSE OF THE WEEK: Proverbs 22:6 “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.”
*EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Biblical Discipline – Applying spiritual principles in the correction and discipline of students (Proverbs 22:6)
*CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Diligence (1 Timothy 4:15)
Little Crusaders Soccer games until 4:30pm. Please enter through the back gate due to the one-way traffic from 2:30-3:30.
Senior Butter Braid order forms are due to Mrs. Fields.
Last day (3pm) to turn in order forms for the pizza lunch on Friday
Thank a Veteran for our freedom.
Little Crusaders Soccer games until 4:30. Please enter through the back gate due to the one-way traffic from 2:30-3:30.
Pizza Lunch sponsored by the senior class and provided for those who signed up
Have a great weekend and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you don’t have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 10:30 for Worship.
ECS Mission Statement – Our mission is to serve in partnership with parents and local churches to provide students with an excellent education taught with Biblical truths. Our desire is that students completing their training at Emmanuel Christian School will be authentic and mature disciples of Jesus Christ, possessing a wide range of knowledge, experiences, and skills that will enrich their lives and provide a good foundation upon which to develop a life of maximum service toward God and man.
Crusader Comments are sent out electronically through email on Thursday afternoon or Friday morning and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a Remind text to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.