Hello fellow Crusaders!
On behalf of the faculty and staff at Emmanuel Christian School, I wanted to thank you for partnering with us in the education of your child(ren). You are making an eternal investment in their future and helping to establish in your child(ren) a Biblical worldview, along with the necessary skills to impact the world around them.
* 1st Quarter Report Cards will be issued on October 21 and Parent-Teacher Conferences are also on the 21st from 3:30-6:00 pm.
* Parent/Teacher Conferences are Thursday, October 21 from 3:30-6:00. Teachers will contact you directly if a conference is needed. If you desire a conference with the teacher please contact them and let them know.
* Fall Fundraiser ITEM PICKUP will be Thursday, October 21 for all frozen/refrigerated items and any other items not requested to be shipped to your home. Please enter through the courtyard entrance to the administration building. They will be delivered to us Thursday morning and we will have them ready for you to pick up from 11 am-2 pm. Items must be picked up by 2 pm. Because of the frozen/refrigerated items we ask that you deliver them immediately or take them home and keep them frozen/refrigerated until they are delivered.
* No School or After School Care on Friday, October 22. Enjoy the long weekend.
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently 0 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th. There are currently 0 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th-12th. If it would make you more comfortable for your child to wear a mask during the school day, feel free to send one with them and we will be happy to support you, your child, and your family.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you….”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Evangelism – (Matthew 28:19-20) To teach that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and through belief in Jesus’ death and resurrection, the forgiveness of sins and new life through faith is found in Him.
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Cooperation (1 Timothy 6:18)
Away at Calvary Christian, Volleyball JV 4:30 & V 5:30, Soccer 4:30. Dismissal from class at 11:45
Home Soccer vs Marlboro Academy at 5 pm
12th grade Parent and Student Meeting concerning the Butter Braid fundraiser and general senior information at 5:30 pm in the teen room of the 200 building.
No Special Events
Report Cards Issued to all students K4-12th grade
Otis Spunkmeyer pickup from 11am-2pm
Parent/Teacher Conferences for any parent who has been contacted by their child’s teacher and conferences are from 3:30-6:00 pm
Boys basketball tryouts start at 5:15 pm in the gym for boys in grades 6-12
No School and No After School Care
SCACS Volleyball 1st Round
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship.
ECS PURPOSE (p. 6 in the handbook) – The purpose of Christian education is to instill biblical values and prepare students to fulfill God’s purpose for their life both vocationally and personally. ECS strives to educate our students with the soft skills necessary for business success and the daily skills for life; including the arts of communicating, living, solving, investigating, developing talents, and using leisure time in accordance with Biblical principles. At ECS, we follow the motto of “Teaching the Mind, Training the Heart.”
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a “Remind text” to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.