Hello fellow Crusaders!
Our fundraiser final day is this Monday, September 12. This weekend is the last chance to register at shopfund.com, go to parents and sellers and create an account and click register, then add your student’s information and send emails to supporters to shop online. Those who want to use a paper order form may use the one in the packet that was sent home. Make all checks to ECS and thank you for your help. Remember this year we are working towards a goal of adding shade structures and/or a new type of surface on the elementary playground.
* Go to plusportals.com/ecs to access your child’s grades and pay tuition. You can only see the breakdown for your invoices if you log in using a web browser on your computer or phone.
* You can only use the ezschoolapp to sign up for lunches and to pay for lunches or after school care.
* Excel School of Fine Arts – Lessons will begin this week.
* Monday, September 12 is Progress Report Day for students in grades 7-12. We will not be sending paper progress reports home anymore. Through the plusportals app you have access to your child’s grades anytime you want to see them. We will be sending a reminder text that it is Progress Report day and to go and check your child’s grades. If there are any questions please always contact your child’s teacher first.
* Excel School of Fine Arts – Lessons started last week.
* * Fall Individual Make-up Pictures are Wednesday, September 21. A reminder flyer will come home on Monday, September 19. Order packets are in the school office if you need one or go online to mylifetouch.com and use picture day id EVTTS6XK8 to order a picture package, unless you already placed an order.
* Boy’s haircuts – Just a reminder… As we discussed at the orientation meetings it is time to check your son’s hair and see that it meets the guidelines of over the eyes, ears, and off the collar. If it doesn’t please take them and have their hair cut.
* FYI – Just a reminder that ECS will be closed with no school and no after school care on September 28, 29, & 30. The teachers will be attending a Christian School Convention during these days. School will resume on Monday, October 3.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: 2 Timothy 3:16-17 “All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God, may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Doctrinal Integrity – (2 Timothy 3:16-17) To teach that the Bible is the Word of God.
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Humility (Mark 9:33-35)
Progress Report Day for grades 7-12. Check your child’s grades in the plusportals app
Fall Fundraiser Concludes
Away at South Pointe Christian – Volleyball JV 4 & V 5, Soccer 4, dismissal at 1:45
Home Cross Country vs Thomas Hart at 5:30 (this is a change from the original schedule)
No Special Events
No Special Events
Home vs Calvary Christian – Volleyball JV 4:30 and V 5:30
Away at Calvary Christian – Soccer 5, dismissal at 1:10 (this is a change from the original schedule)
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship.
ECS MISSION (p. 6 in the handbook) – Our mission is to serve in partnership with parents and local churches to provide students with an excellent education taught with Biblical truths. Our desire is that students completing their training at Emmanuel Christian School will be authentic and mature disciples of Jesus Christ, possessing a wide range of knowledge, experiences, and skills that will enrich their lives and provide a good foundation upon which to develop a life of maximum service toward God and man.
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a text to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.