Hello fellow Crusaders!
Our Fall Festival is scheduled for this Friday, October 15 from 5-7pm. This is a family event and will take place in the courtyard between the 100 and 200 and Administration buildings. Bring your lawn chairs and come and enjoy some outside fun with food, inflatables, a talent show and more. This is sponsored by the ECS PTF and is a fundraising event that helps supply funds to support needs in the classroom. A Volunteer/Service opportunities flyer will be coming home on Monday and should be returned by Wednesday. Later in the week a flyer with pricing for the food, inflatables and more will be sent out by text. Looking forward to seeing you on Friday.
* 1st Quarter ends this Thursday, October 14. Report Cards will be issued on October 21 and Parent teacher Conferences are also the 21st from 3:30-6pm.
* Parent/Teacher Conferences are Thursday, October 21 from 3:30-6:00. Teachers will contact you directly if a conference is needed.
* Fall Fundraiser ITEM pickup will be Thursday, October 21 for all frozen items and any items not requested to be shipped to your home. Exact pick-up times will be texted out next week.
* No School or After School Care on Friday, October 22. Enjoy the day off.
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently 0 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th. There are currently 0 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th
-12th. If it would make you more comfortable for your child to wear a mask during the school day, feel free to send one with them and we will be happy to support you, your child, and your family.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: Matthew 28:19-20 “Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you….”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: Evangelism – (Matthew 28:19-20) To teach that Jesus Christ is the son of God, and through belief in Jesus’ death and resurrection, forgiveness of sins and new life through faith is found in Him.
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Cooperation (1 Timothy 6:18)
No Special Events
Student Government Officer Elections for grades 9-12
Home vs Governors School, Volleyball JV 5 & V6 (Volleyball Senior Night)
Away Cross Country at Darlington Middle at 5:30
PSAT for 9th-11th grades from 8:10-Noon
SAT for Seniors from 8:10-Noon
End of the 1st Quarter
Senior Sundaes during Lunch
Home Middle School Volleyball Games. ECS plays at 4 vs Hartsville Rec and at 5 vs Virtus Academy
Away at Maranatha Christian, Volleyball JV 4:30 & V 5:30, Soccer at 7. Volleyball dismisses at 2:05
Dress Down/Pajama Day. Support a cheerleader with a $1
Fall Festival is tonight from 5-7. Bring your family, your lawn chairs and have some food and fun
SCACS Cross Country State meet in Greenville at Hampton Park Christian School
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship.
ECS PURPOSE (p. 6 in the handbook) – The purpose of Christian education is to instill biblical values and prepare students to fulfill God’s purpose for their life both vocationally and personally. ECS strives to educate our students with the soft skills necessary for business success and the daily skills for life; including the arts of communicating, living, solving, investigating, developing talents, and using leisure time in accordance with Biblical principles. At ECS, we follow the motto of “Teaching the Mind, Training the Heart.”
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a “Remind text” to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.