Hello fellow Crusaders!
Congratulations on a successful 1st semester of the school year. We are excited to have each child and their family as a part of our ECS family. On January 24, we will start re-enrollment for the next school year, and, on February 7, open enrollment for the community. (More information coming after the first of the year.) All of us wish each of you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year. Christmas is a special time of year and we hope that each of you will take the time to stop and think about the birth of Jesus Christ, with the understanding that He alone is the hope and salvation for all the world. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
* Christmas Break is from Dec. 22-January 2. School resumes and the school office reopens on Monday, January 3.
* Volunteer Service Awards – It is important for students to learn to be servants (Galatians 5:13). Just a reminder that at ECS students can earn cords to wear at graduation if they complete a total of 20 hours of service while in grades 9-12. See pages 13-& 14 in the handbook for details. The ECS volunteer form must be turned into the office no later than May 1st of their senior year.
* Report Cards will be sent home on Wednesday, January 12.
* Lower School Spelling Bee is Friday, January 14 at 8:15 am in the sanctuary. Parents are invited to this event.
* No School and No After School Care on Monday, January 17, to honor Dr. Martin Luther King day.
* Winter Sports Pictures are changed to Wednesday, January 19right after school.
* COVID-19 Update – There are currently 0 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades K2-6th. There are currently 0 positive student cases that we are aware of in grades 7th-12th. If it would make you more comfortable for your child to wear a mask during the school day, feel free to send one with them and we will be happy to support you, your child, and your family.
* THE VERSE OF THE WEEK COMES FROM: 2 Timothy 3:16-17“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God, may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.”
* EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVE FOR THE WEEK: (2 Timothy 3:16-17) To teach that the Bible is the Word of God.
* CHARACTER TRAIT FOR THE WEEK: Patience(James 1:19)
Away Basketball at Grace Christian, V girls at 4 pm, dismissal from class at 1:55
No Special Events
No Special Events
Away Basketball at Christ the Cornerstone, JV boys at 5:30 & V boys at 7 pm
Have a great weekend, and make sure you are plugged into a local church body (Hebrews 10:24-25). If you do not have a local church that you currently attend, we invite you to visit us at Emmanuel Baptist Church at 9:15 for Sunday School and at 10:30 for worship
ECS PURPOSE (p. 6 in the handbook) – The purpose of Christian education is to instill biblical values and prepare students to fulfill God’s purpose for their life both vocationally and personally. ECS strives to educate our students with the soft skills necessary for business success and the daily skills for life; including the arts of communicating, living, solving, investigating, developing talents, and using leisure time in accordance with Biblical principles. At ECS, we follow the motto of “Teaching the Mind, Training the Heart.”
Crusader Comments are delivered electronically through email usually on Thursday afternoons and deal with important information and upcoming events for the next week of school. You will receive a “Remind text” to remind you to review it as you are making your plans for the upcoming week.