Here are some important announcements regarding our school cafeteria and our hot lunch program. Our lunch ladies will be continuing to prepare less processed food and instead offering a variety of fresh and nutritious cuisines. The hot lunch price this year will again be $4.50 for each lunch, and we will be emphasizing appropriate portion sizes for each age group within our school.
We are continuing with our exclusively electronic system for our lunch program. No money will be accepted in the cafeteria with the exception of our drink machines. Parents will have the opportunity to load money onto their students’ accounts and to select the days that their students wish to purchase a hot lunch and any extra food.
A few very important tips regarding this new program:
- Lunch payments should be made online under the Headmaster program.
- No money will be accepted in the cafeteria with the exception of our drink machines
- Lunch orders need to be in and accurate each day by 9am. Lunch orders can’t be changed after 9am and additional lunches can’t be ordered after 9am for that day. If you are signing in after 9am make sure you have your order placed before 9am or bring a lunch with you. They have already started preparing lunch for the number of lunches ordered.
- If a student’s parent has not preordered his/her hot lunch, teachers will continue to ask students at the beginning of the day if they need a hot lunch and the lunch order will be placed at that time.
- You may place as much money on your child’s lunch account as you desire. This money will be deducted in the cafeteria when your student goes through the lunch line and receives either a hot lunch, a hot pocket, chips, cookies, ice cream, beverages, etc. Please understand, even if you’ve preordered a hot lunch for the day, you will only have money subtracted if your child actually goes through the line and receives his/her items. No money will be deducted if the child is signed out early and does not come to lunch.
- Extra food may only be purchased if a hot lunch is bought that day and the extra or additional food item(s) were preordered.
- The lunch menu will be available each month on our website, and we will continue to send a hard copy home for students in preschool through 6th grade.
- An email will be sent to you at the end of each month if you have less than a $10 credit in your child’s lunch account.
- Even if you have no money in your child’s account, they can still purchase food. It will be added to your account and the balance will be due. Students may only purchase food for themselves and only with their own personal ID.
- Lunches may be preordered one day at a time, one week at a time, or up to one month at a time.
- Preorders can only be done via the website on your computer or mobile device. They cannot be accessed via the Headmaster app.
- Milk for preschoolers should also be loaded onto the lunch accounts. Please do not send $.50 daily for preschool students. You may send a check to the office, if needed, for multiple days or order online.
- Please make the time to talk to your child(ren) about this program. It is essential that both parents and students understand that if a child goes through the lunch line and purchases items, families are responsible for those charges to the account. Itemized reports will be available in the office if you have a question about exactly what your child has purchased.
- You can log in to Headmaster, via the website, daily to check your families lunch balance.
To preorder lunches:
- Click here or click on Headmaster Online in the Quick Links menu at the bottom of this page.
- Enter your username and password. (An email will be sent out with this info. Iif you do not receive this, please contact the school office.)
- Click on the Lunch tab.
- Click the appropriate tab for each of your children.
- Click on Order Lunch.
- Once you have completed your order, click the Submit button.
- To undo, go through the above process and change quantities to “0” and click Submit.
To load money onto lunch accounts:
- Follow the first four steps above.
- Locate the Family Balances tab and click on Make Payment.
- Follow the steps laid out. There is no differentiation between children in the same family. All money is credited to the family’s account, not to individual children.
Let us know if we can be of assistance to you. Our lunch ladies, Mrs. Beth and Mrs. Tracy, will be available during orientation night in the library if you have any questions for them.
We are looking forward to a great year!
Head of School